Application: Lasaia [Ranged DPS] [Mage] [WoD]

Submit applications for joining here.
Las

Application: Lasaia [Ranged DPS] [Mage] [WoD]

Postby Las » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:48 pm

Heya,

I'm Monty -- ingame avatar Lasaia -- please find my guide application below. Thanks!

1. Character name, class, and primary spec:

Lasaia, Blood Elf Mage. Currently Fire. I am fully capable of playing all three mage specs, frequently experiment with builds to find the optimal load-out during progression. My secondary spec is currently Frost. I expect that Frost or Arcane will be the top specs in the early progression of Warlords of Draenor, and will main whichever ends up stronger overall.

2. Your age and location:

I am 28 years old and live in Toronto, Canada.

3. Link your Armory profile:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/arthas/Lasaia/simple

4. How did you hear about Standing in Fire?

I saw your recent post on the Arthas Realm forums.

5. Describe your offspec gear sets. If you play any level 90 alts, link their Armory profile(s) here:

My mage has a smattering of other gear pieces, and I carry an excess supply of gems and enchants with me to re-gem and re-enchant if I switch specs.

I have two level 90 alts, for a total of 3 level 90 characters.

My Death Knight: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/arthas/Lasaie/simple

I run Lasaie as a Blood Tank main spec, with a Frost off-spec. I am very happy to tank alt-runs as Lasaie and comfortable as an offtank if needed.

I have a level 90 hunter from my free boost, but this character is a profession-slave, banker, and auctioneer and I do not plan to raid with this character unless hunters turn out to be especially overpowered. I do plan to raise all three to level 100 in the expansion for profession coverage, however.

6. Describe in detail your previous raiding experience. Include any experience in classic WoW, TBC, WotLK, and Cataclysm, and list significant hard-mode achievements you have completed. If you have any logs available (wmo, wws, wol) link them here:

Currently, I have cleared up to Normal mode SoO on my Mage and Death Knight, and I have completed Challenge Mode Gold on my Death Knight (but didn't really care for the Mage transmog).

Previously, I actively raided with Teh Slax (in its original incarnations on the Alliance Llane, then known as Rapture, then Ursin Horde) from Vanilla, Burning Crusade, and Wrath of the Lich King. You find the armoury for one of my old characters here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/L ... yla/simple, who has a bunch of Vanilla raid loot items no longer attainable in game. Lasaia was created in lated Burning Crusade and raided primarily through WoTLK.

I was unable to continue raiding hardcore in late WoTLK due to changing circumstances in my life (I did not clear Icecrown while it was current due to this), and the guild largely collapsed during Cataclysm. I remained in Slax due to nostalgia through 5.4 Mists of Pandaria when I returned to the game, but PuGed my way through SoO Normal using OpenRaid and other groupfinding tools. Once I finished CM Golds on my Death Knight in the mid-spring, I took a break from WoW.

7. List your usual play times. Can you maintain 90% attendance?

I am fully available Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday evenings EST. I maintain a rather busy life outside of WoW, so your raid times are particularly attractive to me.

8. List all other guild(s) you have been in and briefly detail why you left:

See above raid experience.

9. Why do you want to join Standing in Fire?

I am interested in raiding again at a progression level, but on a lightweight schedule. Your raid times are a perfect match around my life commitments, and you seem like an accomplished team to boot. I very much miss the camaraderie, challenge, and fun of a progression raid environment, so I’m looking forward to jumping in the deep end with Warlords of Draenor.

10. List any friends, acquaintances, or references who are currently members of SiF:

Nope, but hopefully that could change.

11. Do you have Ventrillo, a working mic, and a reliable internet connection?

Yes to all of the above.

12. Which do you use: DeadlyBossMods, BigWigs, or Deus Vox?

Historically I’ve used DBM, but would switch to what the rest of the raid uses.

13. Is English your primary language? If not, what other languages do you speak?

I speak English, and can read and write some French (badly).

14. Would you rather be a stalactite or a stalagmite?

Stalactites always get the drop on people, but stalagmites are pretty stand up guys too.

15. Tell us something about yourself.

I’m a digital media artist and graduate student at the University of Toronto.

16. Repeat your answer to question 15, but talk like a pirate.

Yar, I be a digita’ media arrrrrrrtist, n’ grad’ate student at the ‘versity of Taranta.

17. Post a screen shot of your UI in a raid setting. Display your FPS and ping mouseover in the shot.

http://i.imgur.com/dVxjBC1.jpg?1

This is my current set up. Lots of empty boxes after 6.0, we’ll see how that changes in the future. Basic ElvUI with a few Weakauras strings, nothing particularly fancy. Note that most of my abilities are bound to my Steelseries Cataclysm gaming mouse, including the mousewheel up/down and the additional 14 buttons, plus some modifier keys. A few raid-cooldown abilities are then bound to 1-4, R, F, T, and G. There’s an invisible bar with keybinds for raid markers and /assist.

I am building a new computer this week for Warlords, because I’m currently playing on a 5-year old potato that gets maybe 18 FPS in raids.
Padwar
Guild Master

Re: Application: Lasaia [Ranged DPS] [Mage] [WoD]

Postby Padwar » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:26 am

Let's chat in-game!

Return to “Applications”