Aleyira - Shaman (Wyrmrest Accord)

Applications that have been accepted/denied.
aleyira

Aleyira - Shaman (Wyrmrest Accord)

Postby aleyira » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:08 pm

1. Character name, class, and primary spec:
Aleyira, Shaman, Resto

2. Your age and location:
44, NYC area (Long Island, work in NYC...generally you will find me doing dailies in the mornings and afternoons on my laptop on my commuter rail to/from NYC)

3. Link your Armory profile:
(Please remember to log off in your PvE gear so we can make a serious evaluation of your armory profile.)
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/w ... a/advanced

4. How did you hear about Standing in Fire?
I randomly pugged in from OpenRaid when you guys were looking either for a ranged DPS or a healer (I forget which...maybe DPS with Ranged DPS OS or other way around? I don't rememeber)

5. Describe your offspec gear sets. If you play any level 90 alts, link their Armory profile(s) here:
I have an OS for ele. I've been very in between specs lately so I have alot of common items between the two sets so none of my heroic gear, in general, is really optimized minmax'ed for either spec (If I went full ele I'd stack alot more mastery,if I went full resto I'd probably go more haste/crit)

I have alot of alliance alts, mainly because I hated paying for gems, craftables, etc so when I was on Arygos I made alts mainly to max out professions.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... l/advanced
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... a/advanced (my original main from BC up until Firelands)
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... a/advanced
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... u/advanced

6. Describe in detail your previous raiding experience. Include any experience in classic WoW, TBC, WotLK, and Cataclysm, and list significant hard-mode achievements you have completed. If you have any logs available (wmo, wws, wol) link them here:
I started raiding in BC, I've played every flavor of druid starting with feral in BC (when there was no guardian spec, just different talent tree options...so I was kitty and bear in BC), then was balance for ulduar, and then stayed as resto from TOC up until firelands. During Firelands my 10man progression guild was always missing a buff and we didnt have heroism so I rerolled a shaman for better group comp. I've been primarily a resto shaman since. I would dps on fights where 3 healers were not needed. The last tier we finished all of DS heroic, post-nerf (I think maybe the nerf was at about 10-15% when completed?) In the current tier I was AOTC 10-man back in November, and I was 8/14H back in Febraury when I stopped raiding (you can confirm these via my armory achievement dates on when we got nazgrim/shams down in Heroic).

Since all of my raid logs date back to Feb they've since been deleted from WoL. However, some snapshots still exist on raidbots, so this is all I have to view: http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/arygos/tickletail/ (This toon's name was tickletail allyside before i server and faction xferred)

7. List your usual play times. Can you maintain 90% attendance?
I'm looking to scale back, I was raiding 3 days a week. I'd like to scale back to 2. I've been raiding since BC, the only time I took a real break was for about a year after our daughter was born. The three day a week raid schedule with a three year old is kind of exhausting. Two seems to fit better.

8. List all other guild(s) you have been in and briefly detail why you left:
In reverse chronological order:
Mangore Marauders-Wymrest Accord (Current)
Xanijh-Arygos
Seriously Casual-Khadgar
Those Guys-Turalyon
Vindication-Wyrmrest Accord
Time Police-Wyrmrest Accord
Zen-Sisters of Elune
Exodus-Sisters of Elune
Death and Rebirth-Sisters of Elune

I've left those guilds for varieties of reasons, usually having to do with balancing personal life and progression or guilds disbanding. I can go into details about any specific guild departure upon request, since I could be here all day outlining the details.

9. Why do you want to join Standing in Fire?
I'm looking for balance in a guild. I'm looking for a guild that's kind of quirky, funny, has decent progression, but not hardcore. At the end of the day I like to see the content, but it ends up being about the people. If I just want to see gameplay and eyecandy I could go play any myriad of single person games. There needs to be a social aspect as well as a challenege. I've been on both sides of the spectrum lately. My last progression guild (xanijh), had really good players. However, overtime and thru attrition and reacquisition the newer members tended to be too focused only on the game, almost to the point where I wanted to fork over 5g to some of them and pretty much say "here, go get a personality...there has to be SOMETHING other than the game to you." It was like playing with smart NPCs. Skilled, but...felt like they lacked a life outside the game. My current guild, really fantastic, alot of hardcore anime fans, two lesbian couples and a pre-op transgender guy, and just a very interesting fun group of people to hang out with. Would be a blast to go out for drinks with. They only got their first Garrosh kill last month...socially, fun...farming all normal mode bosses, more boring than I expected. I'm looking for something in between.

10. List any friends, acquaintances, or references who are currently members of SiF:
none prior to this week.

11. Do you have Ventrillo, a working mic, and a reliable internet connection?
yes. I have 50 down and 25 up on my current plan. I keep my CPU, cable modem, and router on a UPS so if there is a power interruption of any sort I generally won't get DC'ed (I won't be able to see since neither of my monitors are on it...but at least I'll stay online). I also use a footpedal for keying down voice communications because all my keys are bound to either chainheal or chainlightning and I can't figure out how to press 1 other random push-to-talk key. So I use a footpedal.

12. Which do you use: DeadlyBossMods, BigWigs, or Deus Vox?
DBM.

13. Is English your primary language? If not, what other languages do you speak?
Que? erm...I mean yes.

14. Would you rather be a stalactite or a stalagmite?
I'm not a big fan of spelunking in general. However, if I'd probably be happy being either one if I was at an eco-archaeological park (like xcaret in Cancun, Mexico! Where you can swim in these underground rivers...I could probably deal with being either if you planted me there).

15. Tell us something about yourself.
I'm a 44 year old husband, father, systems engineer, and new yorker. I spent about 28 years in brooklyn, 5 in queens before finally settling on long island, and I still work in NYC. I was around when the first pinball machine was wheeled out of my corner candy store and they brought in space invaders, been gaming on and off since then. I played muds and mushes back in the day, even isle of kesmai on compuserve. I ran a BBS on my old atari 8 bit computer back in the mid 80s for a few years. I was in the Condition Zero league for counterstrike. In Lineage 2 I achieved the Blade Dancer Hero title for one month on bartz, and was interviewed by a few MMO portals as a result after that. We have a daughter, she's 3, she has one thing in common with Olivia Munn. They're both Chinese, Irish, and German. We have a cat, his name's Carrot (he's orange). He's about 16. We had alot more prior to Keira's birth. We had a small feral colony in our backyard that we were caretakers for, we gradually kept catching the older ones and neutering them at oru cost and then releasing them back once they healed (they call this TNR sometimes). It's the most humane way to deal with feral colony control imo. When they had kittens we generally took them in and tried to adopt them out the best we could. Prior to becoming breeders, we were almost on our way to becoming that odd crazy cat couple in town. But we had a child so now we have only 1 cat. Stouts tend to be my beverage of choice, Irish ones (Murphy's, Beamish, Guinness, etc- I never acquired a taste for the Russian Imperial stouts), although I'm not horribly picky I also enjoy the belgian varieties from Ommegang, the random IPA here and there, and with summer being here I fall back on lighter brews (wheat ales, hefeweizens, etc).

16. Repeat your answer to question 15, but talk like a pirate.
I be a 44 year barnacle-covered cabin boy, salty sea-dog 'o a father, systems engineer, 'n new yorker. I spent 'bout 28 years in brooklyn, 5 in queens before finally settlin' on long island, 'n I still set the sails in NYC. I was around when th' first pinball machine was wheeled out 'o me corner candy store 'n they brought in space invaders, be gamin' on 'n off since then. I played muds 'n mushes back in th' day, even isle 'o kesmai on compuserve. I ran a BBS on me barnacle-covered atari 8 wee bit abacus back in th' mid 80s fer a few years. I was in th' Condition Zero league fer counterstrike. In Lineage 2 I achieved th' Blade Dancer pirate title fer one month on bartz, 'n was interviewed by a few MMO portals as a result after that. We have a girly offsprin', she's 3, she has one thin' in common wit' Olivia Munn. They're both Chinese, Irish, 'n German. We have a sea monster, his moniker's Carrot (he's orange). He's 'bout 16. We had alot more prior to Keira's birth. We had a small feral colony in our backyard that we were caretakers fer, we gradually kept catchin' th' older ones 'n neuterin' them at oru cost 'n then releasin' them back once they healed (they call 'tis TNR sometimes). 'tis th' most humane way to deal wit' feral colony control imo. When they had kittens we generally took them in 'n tried to adopt them out th' best we could. Prior to becomin' breeders, we were almost on our way to becomin' that odd kookoo bananas sea monster couple in town. But we had a child so now we have only 1 sea monster. Stouts tend to be me beverage 'o choice, Irish ones (Murphy's, Beamish, Guinness, etc- I never acquired a taste fer th' Russian Imperial stouts), although I be not horribly picky I also heartly enjoy th' belgian varieties from Ommegang, th' random IPA here 'n thar, 'n wit' summer bein' here I fall back on lighter brews (wheat ales, hefeweizens, etc).

17. Post a screen shot of your UI in a raid setting. Display your FPS and ping mouseover in the shot.
I'm on my laptop at the moment, I'll update this post when I get home. But in general, I'll say that to the NY datacenter I would have world/server pingtimes of ~17-30ms on both.
Tanlia

Re: Aleyira - Shaman (Wyrmrest Accord)

Postby Tanlia » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:46 pm

Great to hear from you Aleyira.

Find one of us in game when you transfer and we will get you in. It was great running with you this week and have a great weekend.

Accepted.
Padwar
Guild Master

Re: Aleyira - Shaman (Wyrmrest Accord)

Postby Padwar » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:30 am

I was around when the first pinball machine was wheeled out of my corner candy store and they brought in space invaders, been gaming on and off since then.

Word.

Return to “Processed Applications”