Khamael - Holy Priest

Applications that have been accepted/denied.
Khamael

Khamael - Holy Priest

Postby Khamael » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:17 pm

1. Character name, class, and primary spec:

Khamael, Priest, Holy.

2. Your age and location:

Florida, USA

3. Link your Armory profile:
(Please remember to log off in your PvE gear so we can make a serious evaluation of your armory profile.)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... ael/simple

4. How did you hear about Standing in Fire?

I have recently got this characters main spec as good as I feasibly can on my own, and have since been scouring the server forums for a guild with a weekday raid schedule. I noticed your recruitment post, and that it mentioned you were looking for a healing priest. It seemed like a good fit, so here I find myself.

5. Describe your offspec gear sets. If you play any level 85 alts, link their Armory profile(s) here:

As of this moment, my offspec gear is largest one weakness. I just pushed this character to 85 about two weeks ago, and since then I've devoted my playtime to preparing him to heal. I finished the part of that job last night (a grueling 2 hour embersilk farm-fest to get my tailoring profession bonus), and now all my efforts can turn to making my shadow gear just as adequate as my holy gear. While my gear may not be up to snuff, my knowledge of how to play my offspec is just fine. I know the rotation, the proper spec and glyphs, how to itemize.

6. Describe in detail your previous raiding experience. Include any experience in classic WoW, TBC, WotLK, and Cataclysm, and list significant hard-mode achievements you have completed. If you have any logs available (wmo, wws, wol) link them here:

This specific character is new, so his raiding expirience consists of LFR and BH. My personal raid experience is slightly more extensive.

During the first tier of Cataclysm raiding I was in a guild with several of my real life friends, one of whom was the leader. I managed to clear all of the raids on normal mode with them, but before we were able to work on HMs the guild fell apart. Three of my personal friends transferred to a new server to join a HM guild, but I took the opportunity to take a bit of a break from WoW.

My raiding in WotLK was a bit more spotting. I cleared all the content, but I played the whole expansion on and off, so I was never on the cutting edge.

BC was the time was the time when I raided most serious, and consequently the period were I most enjoyed raiding. I was playing a holy priest at the time (the main reason why I have chosen to play a priest now), and I raided everything short of Sunwell.

Vanilla was a long time ago. I remember standing out of combat to res people that died during boss fights in Molten Core. They sure fixed that fast.

7. List your usual play times. Can you maintain 90% attendance?

I play most often later in the day on weekdays. I work weekends, and I have school in the mornings monday-thursday. This means I need to find a guild that doesn't raid on weekends. Barring unforeseeable circumstances, I would never be unable to attend a raid in this guild.

8. List all other guild(s) you have been in and briefly detail why you left:

The guild I was in at the start of Cataclysm was called <evade bug> on the Detheroc server. As previously states, I left the guild and the game when it splintered during the first tier of content.

I can't recall the various guilds I was in during WotLK, though I was generally playing with the real life friends whom I mentioned earlier. BC was so long ago that I strain to remember the name of my guild, though it no longer exists.

9. Why do you want to join Standing in Fire?

I want to join a guild thats serious enough to progress on hard-modes, but is hopefully early enough in the process that my current gear level wont be such a barrier that it precludes me from joining. Standing in Fire definitely fits the first part, and I pray the second part will also pose no problem. I also need a guild that raids on weekdays.

10. List any friends, acquaintances, or references who are currently members of SiF:

Unfortunately I don't currently know any members of SiF. Hopefully if I am able to join you I can remedy that predicament :).

11. Do you have Ventrillo, a working mic, and a reliable internet connection?

Yes, on all three counts.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1733396050.png

12. Which do you use: DeadlyBossMods, BigWigs, or Deus Vox?

I use DMB.

13. Is English your primary language? If not, what other languages do you speak?

English is decidedly my primary language. I know no others.

14. Would you rather be a stalactite or a stalagmite?

I would be a stalactite, with the strength and tenacity to hold out against gravity for my entire life.

15. Tell us something about yourself.

Above all else I'm a student. I'm currently working on getting my BA, after which I hope to transfer to a University to major in English.

16. Repeat your answer to question 15, but talk like a pirate.

Yarrrr! I be a student first, and a scalawag second! When I plunder a BA from the from the gadabouts who would keep it from me, I'll sail full mast to the nearest university and commandeer an English degree!

17. Post a screen shot of your UI in a raid setting. Display your FPS and ping mouseover in the shot.

Hopefully this battleground will suffice.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/82 ... 91100.jpg/
Padwar
Guild Master

Re: Khamael - Holy Priest

Postby Padwar » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:56 am

Hi Khamael,

Thanks for your interest in SiF! We would like to speak with you further about your application. Please look for myself or one of our other core members in-game so we can give you our vent info.
Padwar
Guild Master

Re: Khamael - Holy Priest

Postby Padwar » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:29 am

Accepted.

Return to “Processed Applications”