Ascnsion Combat Rogue

Applications that have been accepted/denied.
Ascension

Ascnsion Combat Rogue

Postby Ascension » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:21 am

1. Character name, class, and primary spec:
Ascnsion Combat rogue

2. Your age and location:
16/f/AnyWhereYouWant have pics. JK... I am 23 years old and I am currently living in Arlington, Texas

3. Link your Armory profile:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... ion/simple

5. Describe your offspec gear sets. If you play any level 85 alts, link their Armory profile(s) here:
I do not have and "offspec gear set" although i do reforge and regem based off the spec i am currently playing. I have raided combat for years now although I am experienced with a muti spec as well.
Smashthems 85 arms war
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... ems/simple
Blastems 83 fire/arc mage
I mention this character because if you are in need of a ranged dps i could quickly become raid . ready with this toon if there is no spot for my rogue. Rogue would be ideal though.

6. Describe in detail your previous raiding experience. Include any experience in classic WoW, TBC, WotLK, and Cataclysm, and list significant hard-mode achievements you have completed. If you have any logs available (wmo, wws, wol) link them here:

I have raided during all the "eras" of wow. I have been in various hardcore and casual guilds.
Currently I have no logs or achievements to show for this. I Have also only experienced 7/8 DS
progression due to the situation i was in when returning to the game about a month ago after
a break during 4.0.6.

7. List your usual play times. Can you maintain 90% attendance?

I am generally on every week night. I am not on during the weekends, these are the day I work
because I am currently a college student. Attendance is not an issue and if I am ever planning on
not making it, I inform the raid.

8. List all other guild(s) you have been in and briefly detail why you left:

F A L L E N - I agreed to level a mage for them to fill a ranged dps role and when i hit lvl 80 they
brought in a mage app.

The Regime - Poor structure in the guild, the raid leader was consistently mia during raid times.

Remedy( US-Kalecgos) - Server transfer after guild started to break down.

Cuties Only( US- Kalecgos) - Hardcore progression guild that imploded.

Carpe Diem( Us- Thunderhorn) Hardcore progression guild, Server xfered to play with RL friend.

Darkest Hour( Us - Thunderhorn) This was a group that i leveled with at vanilla launch and stuck
with until bc progression claimed me.

9. Why do you want to join Standing in Fire?

It is the first guild on Arthas I can see myself fitting in with. I have been looking for a guild to
have fun with while also seeing the content. As well the potential of having a rogue spot.

10. List any friends, acquaintances, or references who are currently members of SiF:

nekronmon - After reading about the guild, I tried to app and the website was down. After a
quick /who sif I noticed Nek was online. We started talking and an hour later I realized I had not
even asked about applying to the guild. We talked about several things, if I am not online at the
time you read this, nek may know the answer to a question.

11. Do you have Ventrillo, a working mic, and a reliable internet connection?

Vent - Yes
Mic - Yes
Internet - Yes, I may have to yell at roommated to stop torrenting from time to time.

12. Which do you use: DeadlyBossMods, BigWigs, or Deus Vox?

(DBM == #1)!.... I use DBM though.

13. Is English your primary language? If not, what other languages do you speak?

I speak a good enginlsh sometmes whne typos don tget the best ofme

14. Would you rather be a stalactite or a stalagmite?

Very deep question, defiantly stalagmite.

15. Tell us something about yourself.

16. Repeat your answer to question 15, but talk like a pirate.

ARRRRRRGGGGG!!! Ask that again and stabYouIMight

17. Post a screen shot of your UI in a raid setting. Display your FPS and ping mouseover in the shot

Screenshot to come, I run on max settings and have 60 fps(capped) and 64 MS latency atm.
I am sorry this was not prepared
Last edited by Ascension on Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Central
unts unts unts officer

Re: Ascnsion Combat Rogue

Postby Central » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:10 am

Sorry about the website being down, I fixed it as soon as I noticed last night. My webhost had some planned downtime I didn't see the email about. We will look over your app and get back to you right away. ;)

edit: you were in qts? Consider my interest piqued. ;D
I can get it poppin' make them bodies start droppin'.
Delightful

Postby Delightful » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:23 am

i am definitely voting a yes on this, we haven't even gotten a chance to actively recruit since lurama is done for good/a while, this is a good chance since they've found us, and having experience from vanilla until now is awesome.

also you didn't provide a link for your rogue.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/arthas/Ascnsion/simple
i like trolls
Kirael

Postby Kirael » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:36 pm

also why are you gemming Agi/mastery when haste is better on all acounts?

edit:also according to shadowcraft you should be able to get another ~70ish haste and over 400 extra hit rating off of your gear from reforging
Delightful

Postby Delightful » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:18 pm

Omar will be leaving soon too. A melee wouldn't hurt.
i like trolls
Ascension

Postby Ascension » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:28 pm

My reforge stats maybe a little off, I did more pen and paper math to adjust my stats. I just pullled shadowcraft up and im adjusting my numbers. I Appreciate you pointing out the mastery gems as well since I put those in while i was still muti and I did not catch them when i switched specs. If there are any other questions please feel free to ask.
Necronom

Postby Necronom » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:44 pm

We're at, or getting to, a point in farm content raiding where we can cycle people in and out if need be. Also, with the DS raid, outside of maybe blackhorn, there really isnt a huge need to maintain a certain porportion of melee vs ranged DPS as in previous raids. It would also be nice to add a buff like TotT to our toolset in order to help push HM enrage timers. Oh, and combat isnt too shabby DPS either :P
Last edited by Necronom on Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Central
unts unts unts officer

Postby Central » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:45 pm

As someone who has been on a long break, a tweak in reforging is nothing to be put off by. It looks from your gear, you definitely made an effort to get things going again, post break.
Kirael

Postby Kirael » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:21 pm

Central wrote:As someone who has been on a long break, a tweak in reforging is nothing to be put off by. It looks from your gear, you definitely made an effort to get things going again, post break.

Agreed, after talking to him in game I think he would make a nice fit, esspecially if we are losing omar as well (somehow slipped my mind :oops:)
Central
unts unts unts officer

Postby Central » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:42 pm

I'd appreciate if you guys could get him in vent and talk to him this even, as I won't have much time to do anything today.

Return to “Processed Applications”