Necronom - Arms Warrior Application

Applications that have been accepted/denied.
Necronom

Necronom - Arms Warrior Application

Postby Necronom » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:49 pm

1. Character name and class
Necronom, Arms Warrior

2. Your age and location:
30, upstate NY

3. Link your Armory profile:
(Please remember to log off in your PvE gear so we can make a serious evaluation of your armory profile.)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/demon-soul/necronom/simple

My build is a standard Arms-Incite build, though I have previously used the Arms-Blood and Thunder build (maximizes AOE dps) comfortably. My optional talent points are put into field dressing for better survivabillity, the biggest weakness of Arms.

As for gear, everything is optimally gemmed and reforged, however enchantments on items which are sub-optimal are generally only at the second highest level. For example, I enchanted my weapon with Avalanche versus Landslide, because the difference between the two models out to 1.5% DPS under absolutely perfect single target circumstances, and my current MH weapon is sub-optimal for my spec.

4. How did you hear about BAD?
I've been on demon soul since roughly patch 1.2 (2005-ish). I think I can remember when BAD was a new guild, spamming for members. In the barrens...

5. Describe your offspec gear sets. If you play any level 85 alts, link their Armory profile(s) here:
Offspec gear set is pvp oriented. I have a level 85 dk alt and a number of sub-85 alts (including 3 more warriors...) however they are not sufficiently geared for anything meaningful, and really only exist for farming and socializing. Really they're mainly to satisfy my curiosity about other class, race and profession combinations.

6. Describe in detail your previous raiding experience. Include any experience in classic WoW, TBC, WotLK, and Cataclysm, and list significant hard-mode achievements you have completed. If you have any logs available (wmo, wws, wol) link them here:

I was considerably more casual in original WoW and TBC, having reccently graduated from college and looking to establish my career. I had picked away a little at some of the classic raids, with little or no success (if you recall, pick-up groups in those days were virtually non-existant, and the majority of guilds were purely social). I did manage to get attuned to vanilla naxx and MC in those days. In TBC, I focused primarily on pvp, but managed to squeeze in some kara and gruul's attempts. Again, pick up groups were somewhat scant in those times.
In WotLK, I got more into raiding, having cleared all regular content and a considerable number of hardmodes, missing just heroic LK and heroic halion (which was bugged at the time).
In current content I am 11/12 (missing nef), with some hardmode progression work done (no hard modes cleared yet). I dont have any current logs, but reccently raiding with a number of BAD members in 10 man content should give some rough idea.

7. List your usual play times. Can you maintain 90% attendance?
I am currently on BUR's raid schedule, which is S-T, Th 8-12, however I am flexible and feel confident I can maintain BAD's raid schedule. My attendence should be good untill sometime this fall (getting married), and around major holidays due to travel.

8. List all other guild(s) you have been in and briefly detail why you left:
Extant - disbanded (classic WoW)
The Elite - disbanded (classic wow, TBC)
Deus Ex Machina - GM quit, disbanded (TBC, Kara, guul progression)
Bloodmakers - GM quit, disbanded (WotLK Naxx, Ulduar progression)
Echelon - GM Quit, officers couldnt handle it, disbanded (WotLK, ulduar/ToC/icc progression)
Slayer - Guild I started to continue ICC progression. Some success, however lacking dedicated raiders, disbanded (WotLK, ICC progression)
BUR - Current guild. Due to the number of warrior mains in the guild, I dont get alot of play time, and have such fallen behind in terms of where thier progression group is in gear and experience, creating a difficult situation for myself and the guild. Dont get me wrong, I get along great with everyone, its just that rushing home from work, blasting through dinner, and ignoring the "wife" only to sit in orgrimmar every night gets real old. BUR does not have any secondary groups at this time and is actually possibly looking at cutting some warriors in thier main group. (Wotlk-present, ICC, all cata raids progression)

9. Why do you want to join BAD?
Im currently looking for a guild where I can get more active raid time in. The members I have interacted with thus far have been encouraging me to apply. I feel given my current level of gearing and experience, that BAD would be a good fit for me. The fact that BAD has more then one active group currently raiding is particularly attractive. I think BAD has what it takes to be competitive for top guild on the server, as it has historically shown.

10. List any friends, acquaintances, or references who are currently members of BAD:
Lagundu, Delightful, Kirael, Stormfox/Hastex, as well as others Im sure I've actively raided with over the years.

11. Do you have Ventrillo, a working mic, and a reliable internet connection?
Yes, though I dont typically talk much to help keep vent chatter to a minimum. My internet connection is generally fine, barring weather conditions here in the northeast. I run leatrix, which drops my latency to around 50ms in orgrimmar, generally speaking.

12. Which do you use: DeadlyBossMods, BigWigs, or Deus Vox?
I currently use DBM, and on occasion program in my own buff/debuff/damage alerts in powerauras. I also use recount (for personal analysis purposes, not to stroke the old e-peen), omen, quartz and speedyactions for raiding addons.

13. Is English your primary language? If not, what other languages do you speak?
Yes, with a smidgen of french. Dont hold it against me, my last name is 12 letters long and half of it is silent.

14. Would you rather be a stalactite or a stalagmite?
Stalagmite. A stalagtite thinks its a rock star because its on top, and drips its crap on the lower stalagmite, but in reality, its just carried by the ceiling. A stalagmite stands on its own. Eventually, the stalagmite supports the weight of the stalagtite.

15. Tell us something about yourself.
To date, I've landed roughly 113,000 Lifetime kills.

100,000 of them were obtained while listening to Journey....

16. Repeat your answer to question 15, but talk like a pirate.
Yaaar, she took the midnight tide going aaaannnnyyyywheeaaarrrrrrrr....

17. Post a screen shot of your UI in a raid setting. Display your FPS and ping mouseover in the shot.http://img863.imageshack.us/i/wowscrnshot040711144145.jpg/

I tried to "light up the christmas tree" to give you an idea of what all I have going on. My UI isnt generally that busy.

To the left is an attack priority callout I am currently working on (powerauras). Its a work in progress at this time, and not something I use heavily. Recount is to the lower left. The numeric value at the lower center is a rage counter. Below that is a quartz swing timer, below that (not shown) is a quartz GCD timer. Not shown is Omen. I use the default UI, because I'm quite comfortable with it after so many years, and havent found a custom UI I particularly like (I've looked at LUI, Kasanes, etc. - meh). My toolbars are somewhat irrelevant, as I have most things keybound to a gaming keyboards additional macro keys (Logitech G-series).

I macro heroic throw to charge, sweeping strikes to bladestorm, inner rage to cleave, and heroic strike to deadly calm, to maximize output. I have in the past macro'd stance changes to various attacks (berserker stance for MS, Slam, HS and execute, battle stance for rend, overpower, and thunderclap) but I found that while stance changing on the fly is theoretically optimal, in all practicallity it simply wasnt worth it (may be worth revisiting though after 4.1, as mortal strike will refresh rend, eliminating a stance change in the rotation). Im comfortable writing a wide variety of macros and am even getting into LUA scripting.
Central
unts unts unts officer

Re: Necronom - Arms Warrior Application

Postby Central » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:24 pm

Quite possibly the single best #16 I have ever read, also contact an officer in game or up and down the boulevard.
I can get it poppin' make them bodies start droppin'.
Padwar
Guild Master

Postby Padwar » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:49 pm

Good app. Your thoroughness is appreciated. Look me up in-game.
Streetlights... people....
Padwar
Guild Master

Postby Padwar » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:22 pm

Accepted.

Return to “Processed Applications”