We are looking for self-motivated players who can step right in and contribute to our team. We expect our recruits to be prepared for all the encounters that we are currently working on. This includes gear and consumables, but mostly it means arming yourself with knowledge of boss abilities and strategies by checking out resources like forums, guides, and videos. We are not here to train you or hold your hand.
That does not necessarily mean that if you are slightly under-geared or have not experienced particular content that you will be excluded from consideration. If you have maximized the gear that is available to you, and come prepared with the right attitude, you could potentially be a great asset to the guild. However don't expect to join up and ride coat-tails while being showered in purples.
A good applicant to <Standing in Fire> will:
- Be a team player.
- Be respectful to others.
- Be able to listen and follow instructions.
- Be receptive to constructive criticism without becoming defensive.
- Have a positive attitude and be enthusiastic about raiding.
- Be able to participate 3 nights per week during our scheduled raid times.
- Demonstrate a high level of knowledge and skill regarding the game and their chosen class.
- Maximize their character with specs, gems, enchants, glyphs, reforging, and consumables.
- Be focused on performance and efficiency.
- Be willing to wipe without complaint while learning new content.
Our Raid Schedule is:
- Monday: 9:00 - 12:00 EST
- Tuesday: 9:00 - 12:00 EST
- Wednesday: 9:00 - 12:00 EST
We Provide our Raiders with:
- Level 25 Guild Perks
How to Apply:
If you are interested in becoming a member of Standing in Fire, then copy and paste the following application into a new post.
- Please fill your application out completely. Answer every question. If for some reason you can't answer a question, tell us why.
- Be honest. We will know.
- Be specific. We spend a lot of time together as a guild so we want to know all about potential teammates. If you are vague, we aren't getting the full picture.
- Spend some time on this. If you are unwilling to invest some effort on an application, then its likely you lack the attention to detail that we like in our raiders. We are not interested in lazy players; we want teammates who can pull their own weight. Go the extra mile. It shows that you take selecting a guild seriously.
- Use proper grammar and complete sentences. You don't need to be an English professor, but we need to be able to read these things. A well written application indicates that you care about how you represent yourself.
- Check back. Often times guild members will post comments, critique, or questions. Engage in some dialogue. Try to be open and receptive.
We seldom recruit new players, and are very selective when we do. This is your opportunity to convince us that you would be a valuable member of the team!
1. Character name, class, and primary spec:
2. Your age and location:
3. Link your Armory profile:
(Please remember to log off in your PvE gear so we can make a serious evaluation of your armory profile.)
4. How did you hear about Standing in Fire?
5. Describe your offspec gear sets. If you play any level 110 alts, link their Armory profile(s) here:
6. Describe your previous raiding experience. Include experience in classic WoW, TBC, WotLK, Cataclysm, MoP, and WoD and list significant hard-mode achievements you have completed. If you have any logs available (wmo, wws, wol, wcl) link them here:
7. List your usual play times. Can you maintain 90% attendance?
8. List all other guild(s) you have been in and briefly detail why you left:
9. Why do you want to join Standing in Fire?
10. List any friends, acquaintances, or references who are currently members of SiF:
11. Do you have Ventrillo, a working mic, and a reliable internet connection?
12. Which do you use: DeadlyBossMods, BigWigs, or Deus Vox?
13. Is English your primary language? If not, what other languages do you speak?
14. Would you rather be a stalactite or a stalagmite?
15. Tell us something about yourself.
16. Repeat your answer to question 15, but talk like a pirate.
17. Post a screen shot of your UI in a raid setting. Display your FPS and ping mouseover in the shot.