Tauren Protection Paladin App {Cow}

Submit applications for joining here.
kr4n3ly

Tauren Protection Paladin App {Cow}

Postby kr4n3ly » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:51 pm

1. Character name, class, and primary spec:

Cowmaneuver (Will likely change upon server transfer)
Protection Paladin

2. Your age and location:

22 Male

Central Florida

3. Link your Armory profile:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/l ... ver/simple

4. How did you hear about Standing in Fire?

My buddy has mains on Arthas that he plans to play again, and I was looking for a better server to xfer to, and I thought your guild sounded like a friendly, but serious means of progressing content. In short, I found ya on wowprogress. ;)

5. Describe your offspec gear sets. If you play any level 100 alts, link their Armory profile(s) here:

I am not currently working on an offspec, but I have played both Ret and Holy in the past and am more than capable of relearning the ropes depending on what is required of me.

6. Describe your previous raiding experience. Include experience in classic WoW, TBC, WotLK, Cataclysm, MoP, and WoD and list significant hard-mode achievements you have completed. If you have any logs available (wmo, wws, wol, wcl) link them here:

My greatest accomplishment is probably taking down Deathwing. I started playing wow near the last couple months of Wrath, so I barely got to do any of ICC, and during Cata I was trying my best to help a friend get his guild off the ground until we had a falling out and I joined a true progression guild. As for MoP, I didn't get much of a chance to play during the xpac, so nothing to note there.

7. List your usual play times. Can you maintain 90% attendance?

I work 3-11pm Fri-Sun, so I don't do anything serious on those days, but I go to college Mon-Thur, and so long as I don't have any major papers or tests to study up on, I should be free anytime after roughly 5pm. (Even when homework comes around, I should be able to set aside a few hours for raiding)

8. List all other guild(s) you have been in and briefly detail why you left:

Seven Deadly Sins: The guild had some promising players, but overall the GL had a bad temper and scared off most of our raiders.

NubCakeBakery: After Cata the guild just fell apart due to players leaving. I was honestly pretty upset when I reactivated my account and saw that no one had logged in for months. It was a great progression guild of 40-60 members with surprisingly 2 progression groups (basically everyone was a raider).

9. Why do you want to join Standing in Fire?

The guild sounds promising. I am definitely in the mood for some progression, and if nothing else, it sounds like it could be a good start for my server xfer. :)

10. List any friends, acquaintances, or references who are currently members of SiF:

None that I know of. I am purely here based on wowprogress and this website.

11. Do you have Ventrillo, a working mic, and a reliable internet connection?

I can download vent, I have a fantastic headset, and my internet is also fantastic. :)

12. Which do you use: DeadlyBossMods, BigWigs, or Deus Vox?

I am simply using DBM because it is what I know of, but I am open to suggestions.

13. Is English your primary language? If not, what other languages do you speak?

English is my primary, but I am taking French in college if anyone wants to help me practice it. ;P

14. Would you rather be a stalactite or a stalagmite?

Hanging from the sealing sounds stalacTITE, but if someone asked me to sit on the ground I just stalagMITE. (I am so sorry)

15. Tell us something about yourself.

I'm a friendly guy, but I love to keep things competitive because I feel it makes us all better in the end.

16. Repeat your answer to question 15, but talk like a pirate.

Ye may be a friend 'er mine, but I ain't thinkin' twice bout puttin' ye on the plank.

17. Post a screen shot of your UI in a raid setting. Display your FPS and ping mouseover in the shot.

I honestly can't do this at this moment, but if you like, you can email me and I will try and get a screenshot for you once I am at my gaming rig and remake my UI (I am working off a new download right now and have not raided beyond LFR this xpac)

My email is: dirtymopp@gmail.com

PS: I understand if I am not what you are looking for, but I can promise that if you give me the time to dust the rust off and get used to some of the new changes, I would be a great addition to the guild. Beyond just being a competent raider, I love to become a bigger part of the guild and help out even outside of game.
kr4n3ly

Re: Tauren Protection Paladin App {Cow}

Postby kr4n3ly » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:54 pm

PS: I also have a Warrior, but he is both on another server and Alliance, so it might be a while before I switch him over. :)
Padwar
Guild Master

Postby Padwar » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:23 pm

Hi Cowmaneuver,

Thank you for your interest in our guild. Currently we are not looking for a tank, and frankly your gear is just not up to snuff for the content our team is currently raiding. However, I like the positive attitude you put forward in your application. We have a "casual" rank in the guild and you are welcome to join as a non-raider until you can get some gear and experience.
kr4n3ly

Postby kr4n3ly » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:53 pm

I completely understand the gear portion. I will definitely keep the invite in mind and might take you all up on it in the future. I am going to work a bit on my gear and keep my eyes open for raiding opportunities. :)
Bombni

Postby Bombni » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:33 pm

kr4n3ly wrote:I completely understand the gear portion. I will definitely keep the invite in mind and might take you all up on it in the future. I am going to work a bit on my gear and keep my eyes open for raiding opportunities. :)

Best personal advice I can give you. I've been in multiple guilds for a short time period. As soon I met this guild. I never left. When I came back to the guild after RL stuff into BRF , I was under geared, in short amount of time , I got the gear I needed and eventually raided with them. Trust me this guilds worth it ! Really like your app ! buddy.

Return to “Applications”