New App

Postby Lizard » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:36 pm

1. Character name, class, and primary spec:
Python, paladin, holy

2. Your age and location:
29, Texas

3. Link your Armory profile:
Ihttp://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/ ... hon/simple

I understand the ilvl is low. My main is 682 and I have another toon at 676. I'll link them. I just want to heal.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... Bug/simple

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... nes/simple

4. How did you hear about Standing in Fire?
bumped into Yazouu who used to be on Silvermoon, he suggested that I fill out an app and see where this goes.

5. Describe your offspec gear sets. If you play any level 100 alts, link their Armory profile(s) here:
I have tons of alts it's stupid. I already linked 3 in number 3. But I'll add a few more.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... ear/simple

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... /Ox/simple

6. Describe your previous raiding experience. Include experience in classic WoW, TBC, WotLK, Cataclysm, MoP, and WoD and list significant hard-mode achievements you have completed. If you have any logs available (wmo, wws, wol, wcl) link them here:

I started playing at the end of Cata, I raided heavily during MoP on my lock. Sadly I don't have any logs, I may have to dig through my screenshots to see if I saved any.

7. List your usual play times. Can you maintain 90% attendance?
I raid on my rogue 3x a week from 11-1am CST (M/T/TH)

8. List all other guild(s) you have been in and briefly detail why you left:
I'm currently with Dirty Horde of Silvermoon and honestly I think I'm not that great at playing melee. I love love my warlock but lately I seem to be "off" but since Blizzard is nerfing Demo, I may actually play him more. Destro all the way!!

9. Why do you want to join Standing in Fire?
I'm not sure I want to join just yet. I don't know anyone!!! But seems like a nice guild so far and I need something new.

10. List any friends, acquaintances, or references who are currently members of SiF:
Yazouu

11. Do you have Ventrillo, a working mic, and a reliable internet connection?
I'm 100% Deaf (since birth) so I cannot get on vent but I do have a reliable Internet connection.

12. Which do you use: DeadlyBossMods, BigWigs, or Deus Vox?
I use DeadlyBossMods and GTFO for raiding.

13. Is English your primary language? If not, what other languages do you speak?
Yes but I also use ASL (American Sign Language)

14. Would you rather be a stalactite or a stalagmite?
Interesting question. I would go with stalactite. I like seeing things from above.

15. Tell us something about yourself.
I'm Deaf. I'm a lesbian with a mohawk that is full of tattoos. I also breed reptiles.

16. Repeat your answer to question 15, but talk like a pirate.
haha *I had to goggle it! I have no idea what a pirate sounds like* Ahoy, mate! Me no hear! I'm a lesbian with mohawk that is full o' tattoos, yar!! I breed reptiles, mate! *that was awkward*

17. Post a screen shot of your UI in a raid setting. Display your FPS and ping mouseover in the shot.
http://agelesscreature.tumblr.com/post/121796450758
Necronom

Re: New App

Postby Necronom » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:58 pm

I'm genuinely curious - a raid environment often requires verbal communication to properly execute mechanics, as its impractical to type warnings out while trying to spam your hotkeys, and many addons use audible cues to alert players to potential hazards. That's not to say we're as vocal as many groups, but we're not completely mute either. Now, giving you the benefit of a doubt, I imagine you've likely come up with some method to overcome that particular disadvantage - perhaps a speech to text translator running in a window, or, at a minimum, more dilligence in learning fight mechanics/strategies so you can execute more independantly. Could you please elaborate on your tricks/methods for dealing with this? Would you require certain accomodations, if accepted? Can the methods used by a person who cannot hear be used for people who just won't listen? ;)

Bonus points if your answer is "Garrett Morris pops up on my screen and repeats everything while screaming." Mostly just because I think it would be hilarious to hear him shout some of the things Padwar says.

WE'RE GETTING OUR SHIT PUSHED IN ON THIS FIGHT!"

:lol:
yaz1989

Postby yaz1989 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:51 pm

lmao :lol: Necro
Padwar
Guild Master

Postby Padwar » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:01 pm

(I love you Necro.)

I was researching to see if there are any voice-to-text options for Ventrilo (so you wouldn't miss out on some of the fun and funny things we say; and also for strategy discussion) but it seems the only thing to do currently is to feed chat into a separate voice recognition software. Do you have anything like that Liz?

I was also thinking this addon might be useful (I'd like to get the whole guild using it for strategy and positioning drawings):
http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/artpad

But communication worries aside, why don't you join us for a cross-realm raid to see if we are a good fit for one another. Are you dead-set on healing? The warlock would be better for us composition-wise.
Lizard

Postby Lizard » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:12 pm

Necronom wrote:I'm genuinely curious - a raid environment often requires verbal communication to properly execute mechanics, as its impractical to type warnings out while trying to spam your hotkeys, and many addons use audible cues to alert players to potential hazards. That's not to say we're as vocal as many groups, but we're not completely mute either. Now, giving you the benefit of a doubt, I imagine you've likely come up with some method to overcome that particular disadvantage - perhaps a speech to text translator running in a window, or, at a minimum, more dilligence in learning fight mechanics/strategies so you can execute more independantly. Could you please elaborate on your tricks/methods for dealing with this? Would you require certain accomodations, if accepted? Can the methods used by a person who cannot hear be used for people who just won't listen? ;)

Bonus points if your answer is "Garrett Morris pops up on my screen and repeats everything while screaming." Mostly just because I think it would be hilarious to hear him shout some of the things Padwar says.

WE'RE GETTING OUR SHIT PUSHED IN ON THIS FIGHT!"

:lol:

I think I like you.

I have a funny story to tell. About 2 months ago, I pugged a group for normal BRF for shits and giggles. As soon as I joined, I quickly informed the group that I cannot get on vent because I'm Deaf (I get kicked 80% of the time for being Deaf so I tell the group before we go in). Anyways...this paladin said "Then how are you reading this? Don't you need a braille?" I said "I'll let you think about that for a minute."

Some people, I tell ya.

No, I don't have any voice to text option for vent although if there is one, I will most definitely download it. I've been raiding for almost 3 years now. I read up on fights before raid usually, I watch videos. I'm a quick learner. Most of my previous (and current) raid leader would say where they need me or what my job is in 1-2 sentences before a boss. I see every single thing that happens in a raid. Here's a fun fact for you.

"Deaf people have better eyesight than those who can hear, research shows.
Scientists discovered that the retinas of people born deaf, or who lost their hearing early in life, developed differently from those in people who can hear.
This gave them greater peripheral vision, allowing them to see more and thus increase their awareness of their surroundings and any potential hazards."

Of course now I'm going to jinx it and die in a fire the next raid. :roll:
Lizard

Postby Lizard » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:15 pm

Padwar wrote:(I love you Necro.)

I was researching to see if there are any voice-to-text options for Ventrilo (so you wouldn't miss out on some of the fun and funny things we say; and also for strategy discussion) but it seems the only thing to do currently is to feed chat into a separate voice recognition software. Do you have anything like that Liz?

I was also thinking this addon might be useful (I'd like to get the whole guild using it for strategy and positioning drawings):
http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/artpad

But communication worries aside, why don't you join us for a cross-realm raid to see if we are a good fit for one another. Are you dead-set on healing? The warlock would be better for us composition-wise.

Man I would LOVE to know what's going on in vent! But sadly, I don't have anything like that.....yet.

I haven't played the warlock in so long but I can play him, but no I'm not exactly dead-set on healing. Just something I wanted to do. I'm flexible. Just no picking on my warlock if he's rusty!
yaz1989

Postby yaz1989 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:53 pm

Honestly , look forward to raiding with you next week, at the fronts of HFC !!! :mrgreen: , Btw I die so much, I've even got a special name given to me by the raid members..... :roll:
Padwar
Guild Master

Postby Padwar » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:58 pm

yaz1989 wrote:Btw I die so much, I've even got a special name given to me by the raid members..... :roll:

"Bombni" is as likely to kill you as he is himself. Watch out.
yaz1989

Postby yaz1989 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:57 pm

Padwar wrote:
yaz1989 wrote:Btw I die so much, I've even got a special name given to me by the raid members..... :roll:

"Bombni" is as likely to kill you as he is himself. Watch out.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Return to “Applications”