Aranu

Application - Aranu; Resto Shaman

Postby Aranu » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:20 pm

1. Character name, class, and primary spec:
Aranu, Shaman, Restoration

2. Your age and location:
25, Maryland

3. Link your Armory profile:
(Please remember to log off in your PvE gear so we can make a serious evaluation of your armory profile.)
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... anu/simple

4. How did you hear about Standing in Fire?
I saw a thread in the WoW forums.

5. Describe your offspec gear sets. If you play any level 100 alts, link their Armory profile(s) here:
Gear for main and offspec is basically the same (I haven't raided as anything other than Resto in the current expansion). I have a couple alts but not at 100, and a 90 boost from buying the game that I haven't decided what to do with yet.

6. Describe your previous raiding experience. Include experience in classic WoW, TBC, WotLK, Cataclysm, MoP, and WoD and list significant hard-mode achievements you have completed. If you have any logs available (wmo, wws, wol) link them here:
I've raided since classic WoW, throughout WotLK. My main focus is usually on the PvE aspect of the game, so I've been in raided with fairly competitive guilds when I played in the past. Its been a while since I've last played so I don't really have any logs. I started up again at the tail end of Mists right before WoD. I've also cleared all of Heroic SOO before WoD. I've experienced all the fights in Highmaul with the exception of Mar'gok so far on normal, and a couple (Kargath and Butcher) on Heroic.

7. List your usual play times. Can you maintain 90% attendance?
I work 8-5 M-F, so I can be flexible with whatever days are necessary. I've also recently moved from Houston and I'm trying to get a routine kind of set up (hopefully fitting in some raid time as part of it).

8. List all other guild(s) you have been in and briefly detail why you left:
I started on the Warsong server. First 'guild' I was in wasn't actually even a guild. It was called Pugraid, had members from various guilds, and raided together. This was from Molten core to Blackwing lair. Later most of these players became the guild Order of Decay and I continued to raid with them. Sometime after our guild moved to the Korgath server. I can't remember at this point why I left OOD, but later I joined a guild called team handulous. This guild was a sort of spin-off guild from one of the best on the server at the time called Gentlemen's Club. This was probably the best guild in terms of progression that I was a part of. Unfortunately, it sort of fell apart when TBC came out. The last guild I was in before my last hiatus around TBC and into WotLK was called Ex Post Facto. I was in college at the time and left the game for various reasons.

More recently, I joined Notice Us Senpai just before WoD to try them out. I left them because I felt like there was a lot of favoritism and that they weren't focused on growing their guild or helping out their guildies. I just recently joined Zero, but found out today that the guild leadership is going to transfer servers and factions...

9. Why do you want to join Standing in Fire?
I like the raid times, want to experience WoD raid content, but also balance wow with having a personal life (I can do 9 hours a week and schedule around it). I'm not looking for server firsts and 25 hours of raids a week, but I am looking for a guild that focuses when it comes to raids, and learns content to make steady progress until they down it. I'm also looking for players that aren't toxic or jerks to each other. Hopefully you guys are like that, because that's what I'd bring to the table.

10. List any friends, acquaintances, or references who are currently members of SiF:
Don't know anyone in SiF.

11. Do you have Ventrillo, a working mic, and a reliable internet connection?
Yes.

12. Which do you use: DeadlyBossMods, BigWigs, or Deus Vox?
I use DBM.

13. Is English your primary language? If not, what other languages do you speak?
Yes. I also speak Greek though (do I get bonus points for that? lol).

14. Would you rather be a stalactite or a stalagmite?
Stalactite.

15. Tell us something about yourself.
I play cock-magic.

16. Repeat your answer to question 15, but talk like a pirate.
Yarrr I be sligin' de cardboard matey.

17. Post a screen shot of your UI in a raid setting. Display your FPS and ping mouseover in the shot.
Attached. I use grid for raid frames, there's only 1 in the picture though.

Thanks!
Attachments
Raid UI.png
Raid UI.png (2.65 MiB) Viewed 3226 times
Padwar
Guild Master

Re: Application - Aranu; Resto Shaman

Postby Padwar » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:36 pm

Good app. Look for myself, Tanlia, Fayia, or Valkarion in-game to talk more.
Titsngrits

Postby Titsngrits » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:54 am

what does a resto shaman do?

WTF is cock-magic?
Aranu

Postby Aranu » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:09 pm

Usually I keep people alive. Sometimes I let the dumb ones die when they stand in shit though. I play a card game called magic - it was on southpark not long ago and they called it cock-magic I think lol...
Trixsen

Postby Trixsen » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:09 am

Aranu wrote:Sometimes I let the dumb ones die when they stand in shit though

10/10 would heal with
Valkyrion
Guild Officer

Postby Valkyrion » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:31 pm

Accepted.

Return to “Applications”