Shallalkh [Ranged DPS] [Mage] [WoD]

Submit applications for joining here.
milknkookies

Shallalkh [Ranged DPS] [Mage] [WoD]

Postby milknkookies » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:53 pm

1. Character name, class, and primary spec: Shallakh, Mage, Frost

2. Your age and location: 23 Queens, NY

3. Link your Armory profile:
(Please remember to log off in your PvE gear so we can make a serious evaluation of your armory profile.) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... h/advanced (Currently switching my main for WoD and therefore am not bothering to gem this gear for the final week of MoP. Please refer to my ele sham armory link below as reference that I know how to gem and enchant correctly.

4. How did you hear about Standing in Fire?
Arthas Forums
5. Describe your offspec gear sets. If you play any level 90 alts, link their Armory profile(s) here:
Currently I just have a few cloth drops from LFR as I just hit 90 last week. However I am used to carrying around various haste/mastery/crit heavy gear sets depending on spec.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... s/advanced Elemental Shaman
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... s/advanced Frost DK

6. Describe in detail your previous raiding experience. Include any experience in classic WoW, TBC, WotLK, and Cataclysm, and list significant hard-mode achievements you have completed. If you have any logs available (wmo, wws, wol) link them here:

Started raiding semi-hardcore in TBC. I cleared 5/5 Hyjal 9/9 BT and 1/6 Sunwell as an elemental shaman before our guild disbanned.

When WotLK was released I pugged naxx and ulduar for a bit before landing in a guild on Arthas known as <Spire> I played as a DK tank at the time, and cleared 25 man Ulduar and 10 man hard mode Ulduar.

Since then I have been playing fairly casually. I cleared through Firelands on my elemental shaman and didn't really play at all during MoP, however I am looking to get back into serious raiding once again now that I have a fair amount more free time in my life.

7. List your usual play times. Can you maintain 90% attendance? Currently I attend classes/lift/study during the day ending around 3pm-8pm during the day. Occasionally I will spend a night before a large exam in the library until 11pm, however I will be finishing my last semester of "hard" classes this December (5th year PharmD student) lessening the necessity of extended study sessions. With all this considered 90% should not be an issue especially considering 9 hours a week of raid time.

8. List all other guild(s) you have been in and briefly detail why you left: <Spire> I burned out a bit in wrath and was demoted to friend status before the guild disband. Really good group of people, and enjoyed my time there.

<Rogues Take Zero Skill> I joined this guild in Cata, and it was completely not what I expected. I was recruited as elemental but was consistently forced to heal, with almost no effort made to recruit a resto shaman. The dps in the guild was atrocious, but the blame was always placed on the healers. I called people out for not doing the dps they were supposed to be doing, but was met with deaf ears. Also they seemed more interested in converting to 10 man then actually recruiting the few slots they needed to solidify a 25 man roster.

9. Why do you want to join Standing in Fire? Based upon the description, the guild seems like a perfect fit for me. I am currently working towards my doctorate in school, but as I have completed the bulk of the material and all that really remains is experiential work, I am looking to raid seriously again because I now have the time for it and it was something I enjoyed greatly in the past

10. List any friends, acquaintances, or references who are currently members of SiF: N/A

11. Do you have Ventrillo, a working mic, and a reliable internet connection? Yes,Yes,Yes

12. Which do you use: DeadlyBossMods, BigWigs, or Deus Vox? DBM

13. Is English your primary language? If not, what other languages do you speak? Yes

14. Would you rather be a stalactite or a stalagmite? Stalagmite, Hanging from the ceiling for all eternity isn't really my thing.

15. Tell us something about yourself. I played lacrosse for 4 years in college while in the pharmacy program. I was one of 2 athletes in my class of about 400. I like lifting and turtles. My motto is move fast and break things.

16. Repeat your answer to question 15, but talk like a pirate.
played lacrosse for 4 years in college while in t' pharmacy program. I was one o' 2 athletes in me class o' about 400. I like liftin' and turtles. me motto be move smartly and break thin's. "

17. Post a screen shot of your UI in a raid setting. Display your FPS and ping mouseover in the shot.http://postimg.org/image/6om5trk9j/
Lurama

Re: Shallalkh [Ranged DPS] [Mage] [WoD]

Postby Lurama » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:06 pm

milknkookies wrote:
9. Why do you want to join Standing in Fire? Based upon the description, the guild seems like a perfect fit for me. I am currently working towards my doctorate in school, but as I have completed the bulk of the material and all that really remains is experiential work, I am looking to raid seriously again because I now have the time for it and it was something I enjoyed greatly in the past

I'm kinda curious. You mention you're doing a PharmD. What sort of a project are you doing? I was unaware that PharmDs had any sort of dissertation/thesis as a part of the curriculum. Are you planning to go the pharmacy route or maybe more of the industrial research?

I noticed you mentioned having an Elemental Shaman as an alt. Do you have a preference between that toon and your mage, in terms of enjoyment of playing?
milknkookies

Postby milknkookies » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:27 pm

No dissertation/thesis, but for 3 semesters starting in your 4th year of school, you take these 4-5 week classes, broken up into sections based upon systems in the body, about pretty much every drug and disease pertinent to that topic and are tested on pathophysiology, medicinal chemistry, pharmacology, and therapeutics. For example this semester I'm taking Oncology, Respiratory, and Cardio/Renal. However once this semester comes to a close I'll be working 9-5 for 9 out of the following 12 months (unpaid woohoo) as part of the curriculum instead of taking classes.

I don't really have a preference over one or the other, however I mained ele for TBC and Cata and wanted to give maining a mage a try as I've always been fond of the class.
Padwar
Guild Master

Postby Padwar » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:46 am

milknkookies wrote:I played lacrosse for 4 years in college

You're in!
Lurama

Postby Lurama » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:32 pm

I think that means you should get in touch with Padwar in game at some point. I only asked about the elemental shaman since I know we could use more ranged dps, especially ranged dps that aren't cloth wearers.

Ultimately it won't be make or break which toon you want to roll with for a main.
Padwar
Guild Master

Postby Padwar » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:17 pm

I'm out of town today and tonight, but you can talk with Tanlia, Valkyrion, or Fayia in my stead, otherwise I'll be back tomorrow so we can chat some in-game or preferably on ventrilo. P.S. I played lax in hs and college and still coach and play in a men's league.
Tanlia

Postby Tanlia » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:43 am

Accepted - Shaman to transfer next week.
Padwar
Guild Master

Postby Padwar » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:37 pm

Shaman link is busted... is your guy Dblrainbowz?
milknkookies

Postby milknkookies » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:32 pm

Yeah, sorry about that

Return to “Applications”