Jogg

Jogg [Ranged DPS] [Hunter] [WoD]

Postby Jogg » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:35 pm

1. Character name, class, and primary spec:

Jogg/Hunter/I can play any Hunter spec fluently

2. Your age and location:

Texas

3. Link your Armory profile:
(Please remember to log off in your PvE gear so we can make a serious evaluation of your armory profile.)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Jogg/simple

4. How did you hear about Standing in Fire?
WoW Forums

5. Describe your offspec gear sets. If you play any level 90 alts, link their Armory profile(s) here:

Offspec gear sets for hunter don’t change very much outside of the stat order you want to focus on. With how gear works in WoD, it will be much harder to get the exact stats you want, so there will probably be a lot of similarity between gear for the different specs of the class.

I have the following classes at level 90:
-Warlock
-Mage - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/chogall/Zoomed/simple
-Druid
-Priest - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/Jettson/simple
-Shaman - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/Shizzey/simple

I raided on my mage during MoP, so I will link that armory.

I am apping on my Hunter, but I really am willing to DPS (and offspec heal if applicable) on any of the classes above (except balance druid). My top three choice of classes would probably be hunter, spriest, and ele shaman in no order, so I will link those armories.

6. Describe in detail your previous raiding experience. Include any experience in classic WoW, TBC, WotLK, and Cataclysm, and list significant hard-mode achievements you have completed. If you have any logs available (wmo, wws, wol) link them here:

Vanilla – No raiding, but I played the game. Very casually as I was early on in college.

BC – I started raiding a little bit here by doing Kara, Mags, and I wanna say ZG? Nothing too serious as I was still in college, but main tanking on a warrior.

WotLK – I cleared all the content in this expansion except for the harder hard modes in Ulduar such as Mim and Yogg 0 and heroic lich king unfortunately. I had many attempts on heroic lich king though.

Cata – Cata wasn’t a great expansion for me (similarly to MoP). The guild I was in was progressing through heroic BWD and BOT at a pretty decent pace, but then disbanded due to “drama.” I joined another guild for a short time, but the same thing happened and at this point I didn’t want to go through finding a new guild.

MoP – Similiarly to Cata, my guild on Chogall was the top 10 man guild on the server progressing through MSV, HOF, and TOES. The leadership of that guild decided they didn’t have time do lead a raiding guild and I fell into the same spot that I was in in Cata. I took a break during ToT and have been back during SoO for a while, but have just been messing around on alts doing flex and what not

I understand that some of the later expansions have been spotty. I can only say that I have been lazy when looking for a guild in the past, and it has hurt a lot of my personal progression during these expansions and at times my willingness to play the game. When I have raided heroics I have performed at a high level and had top 100 parses on my mage during the first tier of MoP (I know this doesn’t mean much since I can’t produce logs). I feel like if I can find a guild that has a strong mature core, I can be a valuable asset. I know what it means to be prepared for a raid, and the thing I enjoy most about this game is killing a boss you have been banging your head on for weeks.

7. List your usual play times. Can you maintain 90% attendance?

I play Monday – Thursday any time after 6 PM Eastern. I play on the weekends too, but Friday and Saturdays can be spotty.

I can 100% guarantee I will be there for 100% of the raids.

8. List all other guild(s) you have been in and briefly detail why you left:

Covered this in the raid experience section.

Good Players was the last raiding guild I was in on Cho’gall and the leadership decided they did not want to raid lead anymore.

9. Why do you want to join Standing in Fire?

I have had problems in the past with guilds disbanding the minute they hit a wall in progression, or a member says something to another member that upsets them. I am looking for a mature guild that has a strong core that I will enjoy progressing with. I am 27 years old and I enjoy progression. I don’t care about getting world firsts, I just want to progress with a group I enjoy raiding with.

10. List any friends, acquaintances, or references who are currently members of SiF:

None, I spoke to Fayia for about 10 minutes though!

11. Do you have Ventrillo, a working mic, and a reliable internet connection?

Yes, Yes, and Yes. See screenshot for MS and frame rate.

12. Which do you use: DeadlyBossMods, BigWigs, or Deus Vox?

BigWigs. I have used DBM in the past as well.

13. Is English your primary language? If not, what other languages do you speak?

English is my primary language. I could probably get through a conversation in Spanish, but it would be a struggle.

14. Would you rather be a stalactite or a stalagmite?

Stalactite – I like a little excitement in my life

15. Tell us something about yourself.

As mentioned earlier I am 27 years old and I live in Texas. I work in Banking, Credit Administration more specifically. Also as mentioned earlier I have been playing WoW since 2005. I feel like I would be a good fit for this guild as it seems my personality and maturity level matches what the guild strives for. Admittedly some of my previous raid experience has been spotty even if I have been raiding in some fashion since BC. Most of the times that I have stopped raiding in an expansion has been due to multiple guild disbandment’s and not having the willingness to constantly have to find a new guild. I am looking for a stable guild that enjoys raiding while progressing at whatever pace comes from that. I feel like I am a veteran player and I am use to being prepared for raids. Leadership will not have to hold my hand through encounters, and I will not have to be told twice when I do something wrong.

16. Repeat your answer to question 15, but talk like a pirate.

As mentioned earlier I be 27 years old and I make me stay in Texas. I been playing WoW since 2005. I think I be a good fit for this crew as it seems me thoughts match what the crew is going for. Some of me stealing booty experience be spotty, even if I been stealing booty for years. Most of the times that I have stopped stealing booty was because me mates couldn’t get along. I am looking for a strong crew that enjoys stealing booty while killing dem bosses. I feel like I be a veteran pirate and always be prepared for a raid. Leadership wont have to tell me what to do.

That was harder than me expected and it still sucked.

17. Post a screen shot of your UI in a raid setting. Display your FPS and ping mouseover in the shot.

Sorry it isnt raid setting, but LFR had a long queue. Nothing really changes when in raid other than more raid frames.
Padwar
Guild Master

Re: Jogg [Ranged DPS] [Hunter] [WoD]

Postby Padwar » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:02 am

Great app! The only downside of xferring here would be that we are horde so you couldnt be a human sporting that awesome bald mullet and stache. Let's talk some more in-game!
Necronom

Postby Necronom » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:38 am

The only downside of xferring here would be that we are horde so you couldnt be a human sporting that awesome bald mullet and stache

Somebody get that toon a giant hammer and a watermelon! :D
Padwar
Guild Master

Postby Padwar » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:08 am

Accepted, pending xfer.

Return to “Applications”